4.11.2010

Psychedelic, Epileptic Loke

Photobucket

Lokee Voodoo Gangsta Funk
(199?, Tombstone)
cassette ->320

This shit is sticky like weed you can't roll joints of. Great maximal production from Ice Mike on "Torture" and the classic "Weed Fiends" (with Magnolia Slim). He does a few other tracks on here too like the short remake of Chuck Berry's novelty hit "My Dingaling". Not that Lokee, a producer in his own right, needs any assistance - he's manning the boards on as many tracks as Mike. Written, arranged, conceptualized and freaked by Kenyatta "Lokee" Ruth. What else did Lokee release?

Your T&G homework this week is to refine/correct this transcription of Lok's opening "Weed Fiends" verse:

Skee make my heart beat, doochie make me duck
But give me a big fat goo and nigga I'm cool as fuck
Buck, buck, I steal niggaz like Randy Polo, with low blows
Well worth the weight, in the 8-98, straight kickin' it
With some brick niggaz out that Eastside
Bout to take you all on this hellafied sweet ride, I
Gotsta have it when I rides in the A.M.
Shotguns to the brain, nigga never strain, nigga never say when
Nickels don't do nothin' but tickle the real smoker, I'm bout it
I be blowing zones with my chauffeur, pull over, I need another optimum posse
So I can my lil thing, while me smokes weed up my nostril
There go Jekyl & Hyde, take my guns from the side
Motherfuckers seem to make a nigga do ya
Motherfucker ???????? that nigga's eye, alright, heart bussa
Don't back up nigga, suffer
Cause thats the only way a real soulja get enough of
Tryin' to twerk somethin', tryin' to hurt somethin'
Bump somethin', dump somethin', nigga, hump somethin'
Fuck, so my nose stop runnin' track, say dog
Pass that fuckin' dollar back and watch me pull a vicious act
Speed ballin', all in, torture, look what the bundle man brought ya, caught ya

11 comments:

Turlet said...

The people that write down rap lyrics are the same ones that rip the videos but replace the radio version audio track with the explicit cd version and then the lips are out of synch. Lokee had an EP called I Got Dis and was in some groups like Disturbed Young Hustlaz and maybe Psychoward.

Anonymous said...

Yea He has a Solo or Two on that D.Y.H. disc.
He was the CEO of G-Money Records after Untouchable Records was shut down by the FED'Z.
"I Got Dis" is a really good EP if you love sample drivin beat's,old school ya know.

Anonymous said...

just curious, is the old obama banner anywhere on the internet?

DJ SORCE-1 said...

Are you Jib Kidder, or are you just linking to his MySpace with your profile?

kid slizzard said...

I'll switch to that obama banner for a while. Kinda miss that haha. I am that band, yessir.

DJ SORCE-1 said...

Damn, not only do you have one of the greatest blogs online, you also make sick sample based music. Much respect. Windowdipper is my shit. T & G inspired me to go tape/cd/record diggin this weekend and I found some ill shit. I'll let you know when I post some on my blog.

DJ SORCE-1 said...

And I just bought "The Return" off the States Rights download page. That shit is CRAZY.

kid slizzard said...

thanks mayne, ur payin my rent

Anonymous said...

Damn, this is excellent. Thank you for sharing. -AK

FrankieThaLuckyDog said...

I found out dat tha year ta this tape iz 1996.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.