3.30.2010

Nigga Behind the Trigga

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Code 6
Let's Go Get'Em
(1998, Ice Mike Ent.)
cassette -> 320 mp3

My return visits to HQhiphop.net leave me asking this question: should I be posting FLACs? All interested parties raise hands. Space is cheap!

I was going to post the "Let's Go Get'Em" 12" with the instrumental to accompany this, but that will have to wait on account of turntable tech issues. Ice Mike Ent logo! And some of the best production I have heard from him though I bet there is a lot of shit he worked on I don't know about. Official request for listing Ice Mike prod creds in the comment box and Official T&G endorsements of the following tracks "Only in the Fischer", "This a Stick Up", "Load Up Yo Tec Pt. 2".

Curious to see if Treme makes cameo room for Bounce legends, I'm picturing Lester Freeman in the Lets Go Get'Em vid (peep the comments btw). In my opinion The Wire used way too little local club music for a show committed to uncompromised realism.

More Ice Mike and a Magnolia Slim feature coming with the next post...

Everyfuckinbody in the world a Player-Hater.

8 comments:

Todd said...

I mean FLACs of lo-fi tapes seem like an awfully silly thing, no?

kid slizzard said...

I dunno. I don't think of tapes as necessarily lo-fi. The difference between a CD and an MP3 of the CD is equivalent to the difference between a cassette and an MP3 of that cassette.

But yeah, I don't expect much interest, haha.

Todd said...

I just remember the time that someone messaged me on a torrent site asking for a FLAC of Emperor's first record. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XipTDkLhak

Just sayin that a lot of the tapes you post sound like bedroom recordings to begin with; audio fidelity is one of the last things I'm concerned with around here.

Anyway, that Marvelous & Peaches tape is great, so thanks for that.

kid slizzard said...

I seek lossless media for sampling. Thats kind of my only reason for it. But I think a mastered, factory made cassette sounds better than a CD.

Todd said...

Actually, I'm really happy that you mentioned sampling, as that makes a lot of sense to me.

I figured that the only people interested in lossless audio were dads trying to really immerse themselves in "Dark Side of the Moon" after a long day of confusing sales clerks with overly detailed specs questions.

kid slizzard said...

haha I pulled an issue of Audiophile magazine out of the Barnes & Noble trashcan once... some funny blowhard snob shit in there but yeah when I make a track out of 30 mp3s it bothers me

devoted fan said...

hey code 6 let's go get em track a1 is aiff file and not mp3 iwe also found another kind of blog you might wanna check out if eye may post it :)and have a nice ester big thz for all the love you got for the pawed streets

N0LA $ou1ja said...

Next to the title track, W.I.M.E. (Bad Boy Radio) is my favorite track on this CD. 8)