7.07.2009

Go Go Crank Musik

Although my blogspeed has been triple slow screwed of late I have been getting into a lot of recent rap and forthcoming posts should knock Twankle out of the vintage-only box. And its weird to see all the connections between the styles. Crank Dat's influence on Dallas Boogie, Go Go mixes of Boogie and Crank tracks, Baltimore style sampling on the new Jacksonville shit (and the obvious Bounce & Bass influence there too). Shit is getting messy!

What up to AFP for pointing me indirectly to these new GoGo vids.

Some of these XIB cuts sound like they were recorded live on a cell.




6 comments:

Walkmasterflex said...

my game must be weak, what's this "new jacksonville" shit you're talking about? i wasn't even aware jacksonville had a rap scene

kid slizzard said...

maybe there's not that much of one but have you heard Jacksonville Nigga's "Woo Get It"

kid slizzard said...

btw I'll see if I can find an older jacksonville record to post

Dave Quam said...

GO GO!!!

Walkmasterflex said...

haven't heard but i'll have to check it out, thanks

Anonymous said...

so many rappers in actionville, it's ridiculous. most of them are really bad.