3.25.2008

GZA in Alaska


Funny ass video of Soulja Boy's pimple getting busted. Also funny is this interview:

On GZA: I wouldn’t even rap against the Genius. I’d put up someone who was born in ’66 to go against the Genius so it can be a tie. He’s got like 50 years on me. I wouldn’t even associate with the Genius. [In the video] he was looking like I stole his money or something. He’s in Alaska. He’s cold. I just heard 50 Cent talking about the Genius saying he had an Impala his age. Well, that’s the Genius for you. [Laughs.] He has no choice. He got famous for five little minutes, but he had to sacrifice a relationship with Soulja Boy. Now it’s gone. I ain’t gonna be like “F the GZA” ‘cause I ain’t never met that dude. But he says, “F Soulja Boy” ‘cause he needed a buzz. Now he’s back in Alaska.
On Pop It Off Boyz’ “Crank Dat Batman”: I know POB. They cool. They getting their money. It’s all a movement. What I started, people want to continue. They can do that. I stopped cranking it in ’07.[In] ’08, we getting the brand new money. It’s no animosity. The Batmans, Spidermans and the Fantastic Four are cool. Maybe the GZA need to make “Crank Dat GZA.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soulja Boy is a little boy who will never have even half the skills that GZA has.
Sure GZA isn't in the spotlight now, but there is no chance in hell that if they were in a battle, Soulja Boy could even touch the Genius on the mic.

I understand GZA being bitter.
Old school cats who have been rocking the mic and killing it for years (people like KRS-One, Kool Keith, Rakim) who paved the way for these new jacks aren't getting the respect or money they deserve. Of course they are going to be bitter.

kid slizzard said...

I agree that Soulja Boy is a young dude and that the shit he's doing is on a different (maybe even lower) level than GZA. Its a cheap shot though to diss him. Everybody's dissing Soulja Boy.