6.24.2009

KL on tha Track

KL on tha Track [Compilation]
(2001 - 2007, bitrate varies)

I'm sure I downloaded something called KLC's "The Drum Major" from some kind of message board in 2005, gave it an insufficient listen, burnt it to CD-R and promptly lost it. But was this reality? A dream? Did I have this? Do I have this? Do you have this? KLs record was permanently stalled on No Limit and then, I believe, NL was still the holding-up force the second go round. I don't really understand how P had a Kreuger-like glove hold on KLs career at that point, but whatever. Why did this happen 2 times in a row? As far as I understand it, the closest thing around to his record is the Live from the Infirmary mixtape.

Anyways, it was this kind of circular headache that lead me to compiling a quick and untouched compilation of post-tank KLC productions. You probably know a lot if not all of these tracks but hearing them consecutively really gives you a different sense of his production style. This really would be a lot more effective if made up of instrumentals but I don't have that kind of back door access. I'm not posting a tracklist for safety purposes but a click to his wikipedia will give you a hint at what might be on here. Making this reminded me that there really is no part of BG's discography that deserves a quick overlooking.

BTW, now is the time to reach back and grab anything MP3s posted in this blog that you don't have and need because in light of recent foreign legislation and a resulting shift in policies I'll be canceling my rapidshare premium account in less than a month.

9 comments:

boi-dan said...

You got a tracklist playa?

boi-dan said...

my fault, didn't read it all the way through

Anonymous said...

hoping count down is in here

Anonymous said...

There's a problem to download KL... Impossible to download for me !
Too bad
French Bob

N0LA $ou1ja said...

You happen to have that Live from the Infirmary mixtape bruh?

kid slizzard said...

Nah, but I believe KLC is selling them on his myspace for 5 dollars.

hiphopoctopus said...

Good stuff, glad to see producers getting some blog love!! Didn't know KLC made such an extensive variety of beats.

FrankieThaLuckyDog said...

To download: Click tha link, and anything before "rapidshare" in tha link, just erase, and it should work. It worked for me.

DJ SORCE-1 said...

Any chance of a re-up?