6.10.2008

Goin Mango On Jupiter

DJ Kid Slizzard presents..
Blapp! Blapp! Bay Slapp Vol. 1

I think I just make these mixes as an excuse to design covers (one a yall need to get me job doin that). Anyways, check it out - 80 minutes of new bay something or other. The "hyphy movement" always felt a bit more like the kind of ad campaign that never overtly mentions its product and I always felt the news story of the one dude dead from Ghost Riding in Canada was some deep metaphor for the movement that I couldn't quite rap my head around.

Anyways, whatever it is and whatever its called, there's plenty of bay bangers buried in the bullshit. Two artists I'm holding my breathe for are D-Lo (who maybe is locked up??) and the duo Bitch I Go, who get extra points for their unfuckwithable name and rap royalty bloodline (member Lil 4-Tay is daughter Jasmyn of Rappin 4tay and has been guest MCing on his records since she was an infant). Anyone who can hook up or point me towards more of their shit, whatup...

A rap lyric pet peeve of mine for the past couple of years has been shallow poop punchlines (though somehow I feel fine about R.Kelly piss / pedophile jabs which seem to have proliferated at the same rate) - NONETHELESS, I can't help but love the "Shittin on Fools" track on here. Maybe its because they truly bring the duke. Maybe its the fart synths' self awareness. Either way the ante is up and even in the worst game I gotta respect that.

Tracklist as comment.

11 comments:

kid slizzard said...

Thas Me / D-Lo
Stupid Knock / Gorilla Pits, Quani & KI
Hard Tops & Drops / Keak f. Paul Wall
Shittin On Fools / Doey Rock, Bugzy, Skurge
Can't Slow Down / KD Stunts f. E-40, Turf Talk
On Araythang / B.I.G.
Run Em Over / Doon Coon, Westcravin, Yung Hogg
Adjust The Bass/ Vic Da Baron f. E-40, Turf Talk
9 Lives / Tuff Da Goon, Sonny Spitz, Goldtoes
Were Back / Fully Loaded
Dripped / Stevie Joe & Kaz Kyzah
My Whoofers/ Cheapskate f. Work Dirty & KD Stunts
Get Dusted / Lil Q ft. Ul Retro & J Stalin
No Hoe / D-Lo
Body Rock / Mistah FAB f. Ya Boy
WHATYOUKNOWBOUTIT! / Gorilla Pits, Turf Talk, Joe Bi Kenobi & San Quinn
Bringing It Back / Sleep Da Danker
On Momma's / Tonka Boyz
Mango / Roach Gigz
Traphouse / The Jacka, Berner,Dontoriano

zhao said...

WHAT I BEEN WAITIN FOR!!!!!!!!
NO ACCESS TO BAY AREA KNOWLEDGE WHERE IM AT!!!!!!!!
THANKS A MILLION 4 DA EJUMAKASHUN!!!!!!!!

RSS said...

Sweet! Thanks a milli. Every scene needs a "Body Rock" of its own.

Threacherous Three (bx)
Fat Pat (h-town)
Killer Mike (a-town)
now FAB

What am I forgetting?

zhao said...

thanks for suggestion i already checked out your links but i don't recognize a single name on Bayontop... so will be listening to your comp as a starter and see what i like and go from there.

bigup!

hugowittorf said...

Very good. I missed a whole bunch of these, like more then half! Thx!

"On Momma's / Tonka Boyz" is actually rapper Husalah, a jam off his album Tonka Boyz, due to drop July I think. Unless he's also in a group called tonka boyz or something...

kid slizzard said...

yeah tonka boyz is the name given to husalah's collabo with b-luv.. GLAD yall feelin it!!

hugowittorf said...

haha i figuered there'd be a slim chance u actually knowin less then me, keep this shit comin!

ps. i'll post som req in the chat box...

Anonymous said...

BAY YAY

HOLY SHIT DUDE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

LOVE THAT AWKWARD ELMO SCRAPPER BIKE

i'm feeling this equally awkwardly, beautifuly lo fi and semi-fucked up lament "Traphouse" right now. production is so bedroom!!!!

thanks for digging, mang. most of this shit never reaches out of the yay, the major label comps bleach out the actual character which makes the bay different and bayontop seems to have been down a lot lately
so

THANK YOU

this shit RULES

yummy yummy

kid slizzard said...

glad you're feelin it.. its weird to sample duran duran's comeback "ordinary world" single.. I guess that's like how traxamillion made a name for himself

Rob Pursey said...

This blog is incredible - and that mix looks bananas.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Keep reppin this Bayness...

We need more folks like you

More luv less hate...

One