12.01.2008

Rapsick



Re: Murderdog Magazine, Vol. 15 Num. 2
So...what the fuck is up with Murderdog Magazine???

Extensive Sri Lanka feature, Wildlife photography, performative Chinese stage painting, David Wolfe's Raw Food Diet... what is this bullshit doing in my dog? When its more understated, like the Osho quotes in last years Pioneers section, I can almost appreciate it. From my perspective, Screw was a dude so deep into downers he got his music fucked up on drugs too. I think that has fuck-all to do with the 7 chakras, but thats just my slant. But when it overtakes the whole mag?? And if there has to be a World-Rap feature, could it at least be on something half-decent? These Sri-Lankan artists are still 10 years away from a modest Biggie impression, at least Brazil Funk is caught-up style-wise with mid-90s Miami.

And I don't mind flipping past the clown rap, I realize the meth-hick children of Missouri sword-swallowers need rap too. But I need more than a cut-short Killer Mike interview to make up for it. They could at least pair these contradictions together in an interesting way - have David Wolfe teaching ICP the truth about chocolate.

So, for real - what up. Is murder dog staff on vacation? Was this issue left completely up to Black Dog Bone? Yall, I will write for your magazine. You can pay me in backissues. Or whatever rare psychedelics you brought back from your last rainforest spirit-quest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You blog like we already had this conversation. No introduction/background or nothing...

kid slizzard said...

Oh sorry. Ammended.

noz said...

Man I subscribed to this shit like a year ago and I only got one issue.

Black Dog Bone is Sri Lankan.

kid slizzard said...

I thought I should mention my subscription history when you had your 4 Murderdog Facts post a year ago. I have subscribed to Murderdog 3 or 4 times. Its useless. I wrote them a really angry email about it eventually, telling them they owed me at least 6 issues. They said they really only publish quarterly, so they actually owe me 4. They sent me 1.

David said...

haha i thought i was the only one -- ive gotten 2 issues since i subscribed a year ago

Anonymous said...

You guys make me feel good about getting three of the four issues I paid for, I'd been kind of pissed about it till now.