10.23.2008

Wink-D featuring CANDY FRESH
Get Busy (1989 Insane Beat)

What an apt label name. All three tracks on here kill. My favorite is "Revenge", Fresh's hilarious and ruthless attack at any "dirty ass hoes" or "sucka ass niggas" that.... well, really all dirty ass hoes & sucka ass niggas. Hatred never sounded so funky.

Wink-D's proto-bass beats...so weird, so slow. Let me know if you know: is the "440" referenced here some piece of equipment? The drum sounds here aren't the usual 808s. "Get busy" is some great "When I Hear Music"/ Kraftwerk cut-up.

I wonder what Fresh Kid Ice's real role was here. I met him in studio @ Ann Arbor's college radio station. I had him do some drops for me, ultimately featured on my record, finally out. But I left the interview up to someone else. What a goddamn mistake. And I couldn't scrap together enough pennies to see the new 2 live play at whatever fraternal sports bar had booked them. Got a Camo Silver Ice instead.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

440 hertz is the frequency of the note A above middle C used in standard western music theory

dude is on some next shit

Anonymous said...

now where's the link to hear the song?

Anonymous said...

now i'm daydreaming about Gangsta Boo reclining on my couch somewhere in Java

kid slizzard said...

fixing it

Anonymous said...

dope tracks, sequential circuits studio 440 is a sampler /sequencer /drum box much like the mpc & sp but b4 its time- made in 86. good machine until they crash. think 3x dope first l.p you can see it in one of their videos.

great blog.

Anonymous said...

Candy Fresh is from Austin TX actually.

Anonymous said...

LOl damn i been looking this track (Get Busy) for years. I remember this when i was growing here in the ATX....